Anger and Adoration

Samstag, 22. März 2008

Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity

I don´t know where I discovered this aphorism, but it seems to be quite to the point. For me it´s a mystery how you can suppose, that with violence you can create peace. Violence and war and terrorism must not be legal means in our days. And peace is too valuable to be destroyed from "the upper 10.000".

That´s why I´ll try to create peace from bottom-up. I want to build an alliance, without any big idealistic background, without needing the same values and views, just on the basis, I don´t want to kill.

Based on idealistic values any government tries to make us believe, I should go into a country I don´t know, kill people who never did me any bad personally and in all probability die without developing my real skills and talents?

Based on idealistic values, religious leaders, my surrounding, my family tries to make me believe, I should defend my country, which cannot give me work, security, future, explode myself and kill people I don´t know and die with this tiny little hope to land in paradies although I perhaps liked much more to have a little paradies here?

Based on idealistic values I grew up with, I should exactly know what´s right and what´s wrong, who´s good and who´s evil, what I have to do and what I mustn´t do and to defend this values with methods which are in very different systems of ideas and views equally bad and disgusting except when they are against the "enemy".

I needn´t "love" my fellow men, we needn´t be friends, maybe I hate them, but I needn´t attack and kill them. If only this little common denominator could be accepted by everyone, we would be a really big step forward.

For us imperfect people it´s more than we could handle to love our fellow and to hold the other cheek out to him. And overtax makes us furious. And in our rage and disappointment that we are not so perfect and nobel-minded we wanted to be we rage blindly around like a little defiant child who felt driven into a corner. We have to come out of this emotionally trap.

Guns down hands up

Let us see our helplessness and show it in an understanding gesture. Let´s go of, let´s free us from the dictation of apparent strength. Let us lead from this single and categorial wish I don´t want to kill and let´s form an alliance of peace across the borders and beyond all ideological ideas and views.

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]



<< Startseite