Anger and Adoration

Dienstag, 9. Dezember 2008

I´m a human being, not more but also not less.
I´m not put into a drawer, not labeled.
I´m valuable and important, will be accepted for what I can and be.

Like this a human being can feel itself who comes to my yard.
Like this a human being should arrive and be allowed to be itself.
Like this it will be accepted for what it can and be.

No number any more, not put into clichés of gender and nationality, no diagnostic categories which brand and sorted out, not judged by superficiality and handicaps, but to see abilities and strong points, that´s an ideal that I want to realize.

Sometimes I ask myself, why everyone wants to be equal, why is equality often so much more important than differences, which makes everyone unique and to something special? Why is it even often necessary to use an equal language to be allowed to be part of a community? Am I another person if I use other words? Sure, but what´s so bad at? Aren´t we all unlike others and basically different and isn´t this exactly what connects us with each other? Why should I twist myself and adapt just to be like you if it is better for you and me to use the abilities and strong points from both of us.

My first friends in Kindergarten was an italian and a half-african girl. As a child I wasn´t aware about it, certainly, they looked a little bit different and they could speak different words as I, but for a child the differences are always much clearer and the world more manifold, but it doesn´t divide up or build categories.

Later I was on a girls school, the differences between us were gigantic, some were good in german, some in maths or sports, some were good teamworkers, some prefer working alone. At university I was confronted with young men, which always said "typical woman" by everything I wasn´t able to do, although I knew enough women, which have the ability to do this. I fought against their thinking, I didn´t want to stand for the whole woman-community with my individual and surely not genderspezific failings.

Not long ago I made the experience that in a group which is involved in the same project it comes also to a forced uniformity. In the sector of woman´s liberation-work there´s an unspoken but absolutely prescribed phraseology which excludes everyone sooner or later who doesn´t keep to. On the basis of seemingly unity and harmony every form of individuality is seen as a betrayal, if you don´t say "Gästinnenzimmer" (guestroom, constructed female form, doesn´t exist grammatically) and "Rechtsanwältinnenkongress" (lawyercongress, female form, excludes men grammatically) you aren´t part of. I´m definitivly tolerant in thinking and doing, even when I don´t use these wordmonsters and don´t subordinate to this languagedictate.

So I´d like to build a place where differences don´t led to hate and quarrel or even worse exclusion but where differences are seen as a chance, where different point of views, ways of go up to and ideas one can help each other and going forward and develop further. Each individual is unique and differ from all others. To see this and accept it opens the way to one and all, from human being to human being besides all differences.

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]



<< Startseite