Anger and Adoration

Montag, 26. Januar 2009

- what are you doing on sunday?
- oh, I don´t know yet
- what about going to a café?
- yes, why not

He was really surprised about himself, it wasn´t his habit to ask someone to do something with him, he thought himself too old for such stuff. 38 was an age where you have wife and family or have decided to stay alone. And now this question, this "rendez-vou" on sunday, he was nervous, excited and anxious, what would happen, what could happen maybe?

Why had she said yes, hasn´t she learned from all the other failures? Man is man, always the same. It was late when she came home from his home, after the tea and later dinner at the café he had invited her to go to him to meet his cat and look at his new picture they had talked of. It wasn´t far and just on her way home so she again said yes, so or so it wasn´t an awful evening.

- at first I thought it could be an interesting evening, I knew him from work and he always was very helpful and patient when I came with all my questions. I was new and he had the experiences, so I wanted to learn from him
- and then? why wasn´t it nice?
- at first I found it interesting when he told about his work, his experiences, the life with his friends, the other jobs he does at the week-ends
- but?
- but it was as always, I slipped into the role of the good listener and "adorer" and became smaller and smaller
- he is older than you?
- yes, nearly 10 years, but that´s not the problem, it´s more the habit that men always think they had to teach you
- so you feel like a child?
- exactly and the worst I react like one, I´m more careless and demonstrativly naiver than I am used to be

The 2nd meeting was a catastrophe: she came late, he was furious, she played once more the child´s role he told exactly the same old stories about his friends, jobs, etc. She had the impression to see the mating season ritual of a cock, he was high above proudly presenting himself as a "superman" and didn´t even notice that again she said at most two sentences the whole evening long.

- what are you doing at the week-end?
- I don´t know yet
- what about making a tour with the bicycles?
- a third meeting? Heaven help! Better not arrange!
- but didn´t you enjoy it?

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]



<< Startseite