Anger and Adoration

Samstag, 7. Februar 2009

It must be really lonesome at the top of the hierarchical pyramide, she always thought when her boss told her something unspectacular just to get in contact with her. With her! a subordinate worker nearly at the bottom of the hierarchical - and financial - system. She never was brave enough to start the conversation or ask something, he was so high above and always seemed so occupied with really important things. But today her view had changed a little and in some way she felt sorry for him.

Who is she, he thought on his way home. It was late - as usual, he had worked long, it was not easy to come to an end and he forgot to watch the clock. His family would be furious, and they were right, it wasn´t o.k. that a father of two children always came home so late. He knew they would wait with the dinner but that wasn´t the point, he would see the accusation in their eyes and later in bed his wife would ask him about his day and work. And he wouldn´t be able to speak with her and tell her about all the problems. He always finds it difficult explaining what he does the whole day long or telling just simple happenings, there are so many during the day. He thought about this woman in his team, she was new and very silent, never she said something in his presence, only when he asked her, but her eyes were open and friendly, he always thought that they say "welcome, why don´t you come in?"

It was time to go home, she was late, hadn´t watched the clock, the work had held her attention, now she closed the windows, computer, copy-maschine, lights out. In came her boss, not seing her, going straight into his own room. "Can I close the door or do you still have to work inside?" She asked him hesitately. He looked up from his papers and stared for a moment at her "well, I´d like to go now, but when you stay...?" What should she do, it was an awfully painful moment. At least he pointed to the papers he carried and at once started telling her the story of a client and his special case and problem. Suddenly he stopped, looked quite unsure. She felt that he liked to go on but didn´t know if she would like to hear it. The second she just opened her mouth for asking him to go further he went back to his room, plunging the papers on his desk and went, the moment of intimacy was over.

What a fool I am, he thought enerved. You havn´t the right to disturb the woman´s normal life. It must be shocking for her, I´m her boss. I´m always so disciplined, noone can blame me that I take advantage of my collegues, in contrary. But her silent eyes encouraged me to speak, the words slipped out of my mouth against my will. But I mustn´t do it again, it´s weakness.

If he wouldn´t be my boss, I am sure we would become close friends, his personality is similar to mine, his way of working and thinking is quite familiar for me. But I know there´s no possibility to find a way to him, he´ll call it weakness, exactly as I would do in his position.

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]



<< Startseite